Have you ever wondered what stops many businesses from changing to hosted communication systems? Every business plans its switch and examines all the factors before it can finally starts using a hosted PBX phone service. In the process, they often encounter a range of problems. However, the truth is that these difficulties appear when businesses fail to choose the right provider. Some of the most commonly encountered issues are:
Problem 1: Services don’t cost what you expect them to
Some Hosted VoIP providers entice you with attractive offers or an incredibly low rate for the service. However After signup, many distinct problems are revealed. These issues normally include:
- Paying for additional features or services which are essential for business communication 9(such as auto attendant or call management software)
- Scalability is restricted to a set number of fixed plans, which often leads to the cost of the service increasing faster than the level of service being provided
- The quality of service drops the longer you are with the provider and if you wish to cancel the contract, you might need to pay a termination fee.
- Some providers may charge extra for troubleshooting and other customer services which adds to the cost of the service.
- While using toll free number service, sometimes the misdialed calls are charged to your number in order to raise the call volume you receive so that they can charge more at the end of the month.
With SoConnect none of these issues will ever arise, our Hosted Telephony services are provided on a fixed rate per user basis. Our services also come with all of the features you need to run your business effectively, moreover we also provide all of our support and customer services for free and with our contract available as monthly rolling contracts you can cancel your service at any time without incurring an extra fee for early termination.
Problem 2: Setup and compatibility difficulties
When setting up a Hosted Telephony service it is essential to find out the quality and the speed of the data connection you intend to use for the service. Most of the difficulties are the result of a poor internet connection. The minimum level of connectivity required for Hosted Telephony services to function effectively is a minimum Download speed of 20Mbps, many businesses do not have this. Meaning the service may encounter problems until the connection is upgraded. In this situation many businesses will opt for a line based alternative believing that it will help save money as they do not have to invest in a new, higher speed data connection, however landline services will incur substantially higher costs in the long term and cannot provide the many features and additional services a Hosted telephony service can offer. SoConnect can provide cost effective data services to make upgrading to a Hosted Telephony service as low cost and as simple as possible.
Problems 3: Configuration and quality of the service
Hosted VoIP can be a serious problem in the telecom sector. Call quality is a serious concern for most business that are considering the service. The various problems they face include the following:
- Occasionally, the calls are one-sided which means that you may hear your client’s voice but they cannot hear you, or vice versa.
- Calls that are directed over a 2G network face voice break or modulation issues which are not the result of route quality, but are in fact due to insufficient bandwidth. This is not an issue for SoConnect as all of our Hosted Telephony services are run across your businesses’ data line.
- Calls made a peak times for data usage may suffer a drop in quality as a result of contention.
The Hosted Telephony services SoConnect offer will not encounter any of these issues, we take care to ensure that our clients’ receive the very best service and on the rare occasion when an issue does arise our excellent support team will work quickly and efficiently to get your service back up and running in no time.
So there you have it! Hopefully this article has helped to explain some of the issues businesses may face when choosing a Hosted Telephony provider. To find out more about the Hosted Telephony services SoConnect offer please visit our webpage on it, or you can contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 240 1824.