For your business to continue to grow in the future, one of the most important things to consider is your business data connection. Modern technology is moving further and further to a reliance on cloud and hosted communication services. This means that connections need to be faster and more reliable than ever before. But upgrading a business connection can come at a hefty price for SMEs across the UK.
That’s where the Government’s Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme comes in; with set up costs covered, up to £2,500.
As a registered supplier, SoConnect has seen many SMEs already benefiting from the scheme. However, its popularity means that time may be running out for you to share in the initiative’s £67 million fund. Read on for all the information you need to ensure your eligible business doesn’t miss out on this incredible offer.
What is the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme?
The Government’s commitment to improve the connectivity of businesses throughout the UK, has seen the issuing of vouchers to help with the initial set up fees that may deter SMEs from benefiting from gigabit technology. The scheme, ran by the Department for Digital, Culture Media & Sport can ensure affordability for eligible businesses, with up to £2,500 towards installation and equipment costs. The scheme allows businesses just like yours to significantly upgrade your internet connection. Ensuring you receive the most reliable and the fastest speeds available.
Enquire about the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme today >>
What is a gigabit enabled connection?
An ultra-fast gigabit enabled connection allows a business of any size to upload, share, download and access substantial amounts of data efficiently and reliably. This gives businesses the option to embrace a move to enhanced digital working, and the ability to utilise advanced cloud-based solutions, in turn increasing the effectiveness of your day to day operations.
Speeds on Gigabit connections start at a superfast 100Mbps, with the potential of reaching speeds of 1Gb (or 1,000Mb) per second. Compared to the UK average speed of just 36Mbps, it’s not surprising to see so many SMEs taking advantage of the opportunities enabled by a full fibre broadband connection.
Is your business eligible?
- Your business is a Small or Medium Sized Enterprise (SME), a registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader in the UK.
- You are an SME is an enterprise which employs fewer than 250 persons and which has an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro.
- Your business does not currently receive a connection that exceed 100Mbps download speed.
- The installation cost of your new gigabit broadband connection must exceed £500.
- You are willing to sign up to a minimum 12-month contract with SoConnect of which at least 6 months must be fully paid by you.
- The broadband service you select must deliver double your current connection speed and show a “step change” in service.
- You have not received more than €200,000 in grants in the last 3 years.
- Full terms and conditions of the scheme can be found here.
Our knowledgeable consultants can guide you through the process making it easy to upgrade to an ultra-fast gigabit enabled connection. We would recommend checking your eligibility and registering your interest with SoConnect today!