Head of Sales and Marketing
SoConnect is an award-winning, Scottish Borders-based company that delivers great value market leading internet, Telephony and IT managed services to small and medium-sized businesses throughout the UK with fantastic customer service.
We started in 2011 with one employee and one client. Today we employ a team of 22 that handles over 420 clients spanning 15 countries, all serviced from our centre of excellence in Newtown St. Boswells. Our offering attracts companies from a broad spectrum of sectors including education, retail, industrial, commercial, leisure, public and healthcare.
We offer a simple package – where you get paid a good basic salary, with the possibility of a performance-related bonus at the end of the financial year. Alongside this, there are good opportunities to progress in your career, a great environment to work in our Scottish Borders or Edinburgh office, flexible working hours and considerations if you are returning to work.
We don’t want to micromanage; we want you to join our team and be good at being you.
We firmly believe that our people are our business and we’re proud of the ‘One Team’ culture we’ve created at SoConnect.
Scottish Borders/ Edinburgh
A highly motivated individual who has a proven history of management within a sales-driven, business to the business environment. Must have the ability to manage daily activities and motivate both the Sales and Marketing Team as well as contribute towards bringing in more strategic sales.
Some experience and knowledge of technical sales and/or in the telecoms and cloud services market would be an advantage.
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Overseeing all marketing activity and ensuring it fits with the marketing strategy.
– Making sure the company is Search Engine Optimised to maximise inbound sales opportunities.
– Engage as part of the Senior Management Team on business strategy discussions.
– Creation, ownership and implementation of the sales and channel strategy including sales and profitability targets.
– Responsible for the development of strategic sales partner relationships
– Ownership along with fellow managers to drive all the business’ strategic goals.
– Capitalise on Vision and Values to support growth and separate SoConnect from competitors.
– To define and communicate the business’s KPI’s and targets to all sales personnel on a regular basis.
– Analyse patterns in consumer and market behaviour, and revise action strategies in order to consistently optimise the business’s commercial performance.
– Management, coaching and motivating of Account Management and Sales resource.
– Gain a deep understanding of the consumer base, the competitive market, and an ability to analyse sales department performance.
– Set, plan and carry out marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales.
– Manage, define and implement KPI’s to measure lead generation and campaign performance measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of specific campaigns and their return.
– Work closely with the wider team to ensure alignment and consistency of brand and messaging.
– Arranging for the company to attend relevant industry events and conferences.
– Working with sales consultants on approaches to building the business.
– Develop a Digital Marketing Plan alongside the Marketing Team.
– Training the Sales Team on sales techniques and giving advice.
– Ensuring the Sales Team update CRM effectively with all appropriate data.
– Performance managing under performing members of the Sales Team.
– Reporting on activities towards targets to the Company Directors and Management Team.
– Researching potential target industries and customers.
– Attending meetings with customers alongside sales consultants.
Other Day to Day Responsibilities:
– Owner of commercial discussions and negotiations with sales partners and new/existing customers
– Motivate members of the Sales and Marketing Team and give clear direction to aspire towards
– Supporting the Marketing Team with the Email Marketing Strategy.
– Support the company’s social media accounts and posting relevant content.
– Pulling in strategic sales of your own to help drive the Sales Team forward.
– Supporting with the creation of content in line with the overall Marketing Strategy for the company.
Other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title at the managers’ discretion.
Sales, Marketing, Projects, Finance & Support teams
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00 to £65,000.00 /year
Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
Sound like a good fit for you? We’d love to hear from you! To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com