For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), and in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is SoConnect Limited of Tweed House, Tweed Horizons, Newtown St. Boswells, TD6 0SG.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, SoConnect Ltd, will collect and use your personal data to fulfil contractual obligations, communicate any service or company updates or communicate any service promotions.
Why does SoConnect Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
For us to provide you/your organisation with a connectivity, phone, cloud or Managed Services, SoConnect Ltd need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes SoConnect Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Process orders that the data subject has placed on behalf of the customer (organisation);
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered by you on behalf of the organisation and us;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about offers, promotions, products, services and SoConnect Ltd company information
Our legal basis for processing personal data:
- To supply services based on the contract entered into;
- Any personal bank details will be used to make payments to SoConnect Ltd for services used as per the contract;
Will SoConnect Ltd share my personal data with anyone else:
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to SoConnect Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with SoConnect Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third-party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of providing services to you on our behalf (for example to provide a connection through the Openreach network). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond SoConnect Ltd for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- suppliers so we can supply the service to you;
- technicians we engage to resolve faults concerning your service
- a credit reporting body or credit provider if you fail to make payments due
- a fraud-checking agency to carry out checks;
- debt collection agencies and similar parties that assist with debt-recovery;
- specialist contractors for the purposes of research and development;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunications and information service providers, for example, for billing purposes;
- your authorised representative or contact person in the manner you have agreed to;
- your legal advisers, if requested by you to do so;
- a duly authorised government, regulatory authority or other organisation when we are required or specifically permitted by law to do so or to resolve customer complaints or disputes;
- a specified recipient if a court order compels us to do so, and
- law enforcement agencies concerning the enforcement of criminal and other laws if we are compelled or required to do so.
How will SoConnect Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
SoConnect Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. SoConnect Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
How long will we keep your data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Under what circumstances will SoConnect Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Your personal information can be obtained by contacting us. We maintain and update the personal information we hold as it becomes necessary, for example when our customers inform us that their personal information has changed. A customer can request to opt-out of certain communications and make changes to their personal information by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 03332401824. Please contact us if you wish to access or correct personal information that we hold about you. Contact us about our privacy statement If you have any queries concerning this privacy statement, please contact us by calling us on 03332401824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any privacy complaints will be handled in accordance with our complaint process.
SoConnect Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If SoConnect Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of SoConnect Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of identification will I need to provide in order to access this?
SoConnect Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving License;
- Birth Certificate;
- Utility Bill (From the last three months).
Data Protction Officer/ GDPR Owner contact details
Contact Name: Campbell Fraser
Address line 1: Tweed House
Address line 2: Tweed Horizons
Address line 3: Newtown St. Boswells
Address line 4: TD6 0SG
Telephone: 0333 123 240